Today's Messages (on)  | Unanswered Messages (off)

Forum: Repairing Kustom Amps
 Topic: Capacitor/ Volume Pot¡
Re: Capacitor/ Volume Pot¡ [message #28091 is a reply to message #28090] Mon, 08 March 2021 07:06
stevem is currently offline  stevem
Messages: 4364
Registered: June 2004
Location: NY
Senior Member
A cap hooked up like that is called a low pass filter and will reduce the highs, however it will not be the sourse of a hum issue if that's what your tracking down.

You can use a simple voltmeter set for low AC volts to track down the sourse of a hum in a D.C. Power supply.

These amps run on what's called a duel rail power supply , that is positive and negative voltages and if one rail has a problem and the two D.C. Voltages are more then 2 volts or so off from each other then the amp will have a hum heard out of the speaker.

Current Time: Mon Mar #d 17:28:28 EST 2021
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.9.