Home » VintageKustom.com » Comment Board » Help! I'm getting shocked!
Help! I'm getting shocked! [message #4916] Sat, 02 October 2004 11:04 Go to previous message
jsoffron is currently offline  jsoffron
Messages: 2
Registered: October 2004
Junior Member
Hi there. I've got a K200 b5 PA head, and a big problem. I've been using the amp for guitar for several years now (though a 2x15 trace elliot bass cab, incidentally, which makes a really nice combination) but haven't been able to use it for the past 6 months or so because whenever I plug it in it shocks me. It shocks me whenever I touch metal parts on the amp, but it also shocks me even when I'm playing the guitar, straight though the guitar (i.e. if I touch the strings or metal parts on the guitar, I get a shock). It's not like I get a short, isolated shock, either - it's more like current constantly running out of the amp and into my body. It hasn't killed me - yet - but it definitely puts the fear into me.

This is both very frustrating, because I love the sound of the amp, and probably very dangerous. Does anyone know what this could be? It has the original 2 prong power cable...could changing this to a 3 prong be enough to fix it? Could it be something else? When I took it out of the chasis and looked at it, I didn't see any loose wires. I'm not an electrician, though, and those are some pretty big caps, so I didn't really root around at all...I just looked to see if there was anything that was obviously awry.

*Any* tips or suggestions would be very, very appreciated. I'm afraid that the cost of repairing it will overshadow the cost of replacing it, so I want to get any info I can before I decide what to do.

Incidentally - the serial number is 27628, if that helps at all.

Thanks in advance-

-jake.
 
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: kustom k200b4 need info
Next Topic: Request 73" Challenger Info
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Nov #d 17:03:23 EST 2020
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.9.